03 ottobre 2006

Go west

Back to the West Coast for a Vancouver-Portland-Seattle round. I can't begin to describe how much we all like this particular corner of the world: great cities, great vibe, great nature. Even great climate, at least for me: I shun summer heat, and here summes are cool and pleasant. It rains a lot in the winter, they tell me, but - perhaps untypically for an Italian - I actually quite enjoy the rain.

And of course it helps that west coast-ers make Fiamma Fumana so welcome whenever we come here. The Vancouver show was really great, back at the Rogue Folk Club, and we got a really good crowd (mostly Italians involved with the Portland-Bologna sister cities project) at the Fez in Portland. I writee this from the Triple Door suite in Seattle, waiting to go on stage... hey, I do like it here. I could live here, I think.

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

I saw you in Seattle twice this fall. First at the Festa Italiana with my husband, where I saw your group for the first time. We bought one of your CD's, took it home, listened to it, and went back the next day and bought the other 2. They are all fabulous! I then took my sister to the Triple Door and saw you again, another great performance! She also thought you were great. My husband and I listen to alot of world/Italian music, and this is the most fun, energetic music that we have heard in awhile. We also found out that Roberta had just joined your group before your tour and she was fabulous! We hope you keep making great music, and that you will have more CD'd in the future. And of course, we hope you come back to Seattle! Mille grazie!